If your house, at times, is more humid than the inside of a fish bowl, chances are you and other family members are feeling some sort of ill effects. Anything from problem allergies and asthma to mold and mildew build-up to higher than normal home cooling costs.
None of that stuff is any good or very good for you, so the idea is not get rid of all humidity, but to get your home’s relative humidity level just right. And the absolute best way to do that during the warm weather months is a with a whole-house dehumidifier, professionally installed and maintained by Burton.
We’ll install it, in fact, to work in conjunction with your central air system so that you can enjoy all the benefits of lower humidity levels, including these:
- Lower energy bills. With less humidity in the air, you’ll feel just as a cool at a higher temperature setting. And that means lower monthly electricity bills.
- Mold and mildew control. A whole-house dehumidifier may not get rid of existing mold and mildew, but it will certainly help stop it from growing and spreading.
- Greater comfort. Anytime you can get rid of excess humidity, you’re creating a more comfortable living environment for all concerned.
- Elimination of musty odors.
- Stop the growth of dust and other household allergens. These allergens thrive and grow in damp environments. But by keeping your indoor relative humidity at or below 55%, you can prevent that and feel better in the process.
Best of all, with a whole-house dehumidifier for Burton, you get to set and change the relative humidity setting at will so it’s always right where you want it to be. For more information or to schedule installation, contact Burton today.