Sewer & Drain Maintenance Omaha | Sewer & Drain Clog Prevention Omaha
Prevention Today Will Help Keep the Drain Cleaning Company Away.
The best drain cleaning remedy of all is ongoing maintenance: the kind you can perform yourself…with a little friendly advice from the sewer and drain cleaning professionals at Burton.
- • Bio-Clean. At Burton, we offer Bio-Clean, an organic, eco-friendly drain cleaning product that is equally effective at cleaning and preventing clogged drains. You won’t Bio-Clean at supermarkets, but you will find it right here at Burton. Why not call and request a supply today.
- • Baking soda and vinegar. The combination of baking soda, distilled white vinegar, and piping hot water is another natural and effective drain clearing solution. Start by pouring a cup of baking soda down your drain or garbage disposal, followed immediately by a cup of vinegar. Let the solution suit for a half hour, then pour a tea kettle full of boiling hot water down the drain to finish the job. Perform this routine once a month for optimum results.
- • Baking soda and vinegar for your toilet, too. If your toilet is already clogged, once again we recommend starting with one cup of baking soda and vinegar each, followed by an application of hot water. If that doesn’t work, try the same mixture again – the extent of the clog will determine how much baking soda and vinegar you need, and how many applications.
- • Baking soda and lemon juice. While lemon juice acts just as well as vinegar in combination with baking soda and hot water, it smells better. That’s why many of our customers prefer lemon juice in the kitchen and vinegar for other household drains.
- • Salt, borax and vinegar. Here’s a question that takes a little longer to produce the desired result than baking soda and vinegar or lemon juice, but it does work, once again, as a preventive and drain clearing solution. Start with this mixture, knowing you can always repeat the process and increase the amount of each ingredient: ¼ C. salt, ¼ C. Borax, and ½ C. of vinegar. A boiling hot water chaser? Never a bad idea.
More Sewer & Cleaning Remedies Omaha
Things you should never put down your drain or garbage disposal:
- • Fibrous foods like lettuce and celery
- • Grease, fat, or cooking oil
- • Coffee grinds
- • Meat bones
- • Egg shells
- • Hair
- • Paint
- • Sand & mud
- • Glass
- • Feathers
- • Cleaning chemicals
Things you should never flush down your toilet:
- • Wipes
- • Disposable diapers
- • Sanitary napkins
- • Cotton balls & swabs
- • Bandages
- • Dental floss
- • Paper towels
- • Cat litter
- • Medical waste
What’s the rule of thumb with all the above? Common sense, which needs to prevail if you truly want to keep the drain cleaning company away.
Still, and no matter how careful you might be, sooner or later you’re bound to need our professional sewer or drain cleaning services. If and when that time comes, including right now, Burton is ready to make your particular problem disappear…just as quickly as we can.
Contact us today for the service you need, when you need it.