Service Panel Upgrades Omaha | Electrical Service Panels Omaha
Can Your Electrical Service Handle Even ONE MORE Sophisticated Piece of Home Electronics?
Back in the day, we did a lot of waiting. Not just for new technologies to become available. But for the prices to come far enough down to earth so most of us could afford to buy it.
For a quick trip down memory lane, here’s a brief list of major home electronics and when they first arrived on the scene, at least here in the USA:
• Color television………………………….……1953
• Stereophonic sound systems……….1961
• Audio cassette player…………………..…..1980
• CD players…………………………………..….1982
• DVD players…………………………….……..1984
So what’s the point? All of the above – and so many other products under the general category of “home electronics” – are now so commonplace, we simply take their existence for granted. And that’s great: good for us.
But do you also take for granted that your home electrical service can keep with the greater power demands all this new equipment makes on it? If so, it’s time to re-evaluate the situation.
Replacing Your Fuse Box with a Circuit Breaker Panel
If you still have a fuse box or 100 amp circuit breaker, you have built-in power limitiations. Especially if you have computer-savvy and video-game-friendly kids, you work out of your home, have two refrigerators, etc. Those older systems were good for what they were built for, but they weren’t for today’s high tech, very wired homes.
How do you know if it’s time to upgrade? Here are some telltale signs:
• Fuses frequently need to be replaced.
• Breakers frequently trip.
• You’re prepared to add a big power-guzzler, like a hot tub or outdoor pool.
• Lights flicker when you turn on your AC system.
• Power dims when someone turns on a hair dryer.
• Light bulbs are burning out faster and faster.
• You’re using multiple extension cords because you don’t have enough outlets.
• You’re remodeling your kitchen or bathroom and need to add one or more GFCI outlets.
This isn’t a complete list, but it’s a great start. More importantly, if you’re experiencing any of these or other troubling issues with your home electrical service, it’s time to call Burton for expert analysis of your home electrical system, plus your current and planned need for electricity.
Then we can recommend exactly the right type and size of circuit breaker panel for you, and install it with the same care and precision as if it were for a member of our family.
Plenty of power. With a high emphasis on safety. That’s the Burton approach. Contact us today and allow us to help you get connected to everything it takes to run your life with greater efficiency and fun.