Electrical Service Panels
If you still have a fuse box or 100 amp circuit breaker, you have built-in power limitations. Especially if you have computer-savvy and video-game-friendly kids, you work out of your home, have two refrigerators, etc. Those older systems were good for what they were built for, but they weren’t for today’s high tech, very wired homes.
How do you know if it’s time to upgrade? Here are some telltale signs:
- Fuses frequently need to be replaced.
- Breakers frequently trip.
- You’re prepared to add a big power-guzzler, like a hot tub or outdoor pool.
- Lights flicker when you turn on your AC system.
- Power dims when someone turns on a hair dryer.
- Light bulbs are burning out faster and faster.
- You’re using multiple extension cords because you don’t have enough outlets.
- You’re remodeling your kitchen or bathroom and need to add one or more GFCI outlets.
This isn’t a complete list, but it’s a great start. More importantly, if you’re experiencing any of these or other troubling issues with your home electrical service, it’s time to call Burton for expert analysis of your home electrical system, plus your current and planned need for electricity.