With summer just around the corner, now’s the perfect time to prepare your home for the heat to come. We’ve rounded up eight quick tips you can put into practice this spring to save big on your A/C bill when the summer heat really kicks in:
- Keep your cool air in and the hot air out. If you have older windows, caulk around the leaky areas. Got drafty doors? Add insulation.
- Plant some trees. Even just a few shade trees near your home can help reduce your energy bill. Maybe not this summer, but in the years to come!
- Get the air moving. If your favorite rooms don’t have ceiling fans, consider adding them. The circulating air makes the room feel cooler without bumping down the thermostat.
- Give your thermostat some space! If you’ve got a lamp or TV set near your thermostat, its heat may be impacting your A/C schedule. Rearrange your room so your thermostat has the space and circulation it needs to operate at peak efficiency.
- Find a new favorite no-cook dinner. Using the oven or stovetop in summer warms up the interior of your home. Find recipes that can be made without the stove or oven, like salads or grilled meals you can cook outside.
- Replace your window coverings. Solar screens or blackout curtains, especially on east- and west-facing windows, can significantly reduce the heat that seeps into your home this summer.
- Upgrade your thermostat. Installing a smart thermostat that learns your daily routine, and adjusts the temperature accordingly, can help you save big on energy costs. This tip works just as well in winter too!
- Tune up your A/C. A quick clean and service does wonders for the life and efficiency of your A/C unit. Schedule your appointment in the spring, before you turn on your A/C for the first time, for maximum benefit.
Need an A/C inspection, repair, or replacement before you start sweating in the Omaha sun? Reach out to the expert team here at Burton. Our highly-trained technicians will give you multiple repair and replacement options, guaranteed upfront pricing, and fast service. When it comes to your home comfort, we don’t mess around! Contact us today.