If you get a shiver down your spine at the mere thought of stepping foot into your chilly bathroom during these cold winter months, you’re not alone. Between the ice-cold tile floor and the feeling of the frigid air as you step out of your shower or bath, it’s enough to make you want to avoid the room altogether. But fear not because we’ve found some easy ways to take the chill out and turn your bathroom into the cozy retreat it should be.
- Unless you’re sporting socks or slippers, there is nothing worse than touching cold tile with your bare feet. Warm up the floor and add a soft, inviting feel to the bathroom by placing a few plush rugs in front of the toilet, sink, bathtub, and shower.
- Sometimes, the way a room looks is enough to make it feel cold. So opt for warmer tones and finishes when decorating your bathroom to help lend a cozy, intimate feel to the space.
- If your bathroom feels colder than the rest of the house, you might have an air leak or some other problem that’s preventing your heating system from working properly in that room. Caulk any cracks or gaps around window frames to prevent warm air from escaping, and check that your baseboard unit or heating register is sending warm air in.
- If your bathroom has a window, open the blinds to let the sun shine in on those bright days. If privacy is an issue, consider applying a decorative window film to the glass.
- Warm up your towel while you shower by hanging it over the edge of the shower door or rod. Just make sure it’s out of the way of any splashes. Or better yet, install a towel warmer for the ultimate in bath time luxury.
Should you discover that your bathroom is not receiving the same amount of heat as the rest of your house, we invite you to contact Burton today. That’s a problem we can and will take care of right away, and with your 100% satisfaction guaranteed.