Geothermal heat pump system. It’s a big name with an even bigger environmental and savings potential.
Geothermal systems harness the power of underground energy. By pumping a water-based solution through a maze of underground pipes, the system efficiently gets rid of the excess heat or cold in your home.
In the coldest of Omaha winters, the geothermal system really shines. No matter how cold the weather gets, the ground stays a mild 50-55 degrees. Your geothermal system draws on that constantly available energy, so your air is already significantly warmer than the outdoors before the gas or electric power turns on. Thanks to that temperature boost, you can reduce your heating bill by 65% or more!
So you’re probably wondering… should you upgrade your home to a geothermal HVAC system?
- One of the biggest geothermal benefits is your energy savings over time. In both winter and summer, geothermal energy brings the outdoor air closer to your comfort level, before any gas or electricity is used.
- Right now, when you install a new geothermal system or retrofit your existing HVAC system, you can take advantage of a 26% tax deduction of the cost of the installation! That’s even greater savings for your family when you go geo.
- Not only will you save money on your energy bill every month, when it comes time to sell your home, green energy is a huge value to buyers.
- A heat pump HVAC system won’t heat your home quite as fast as an electric or gas-burning furnace. While geothermal HVAC systems are incredibly efficient, they do take time to ramp up.
- The upfront cost to retrofit your existing heating and cooling system or install a new geothermal system is higher than a traditional HVAC installation. The natural geothermal energy that makes the system so efficient is found underground. To install your new system, we have to dig deep into the ground to find it.
If you’re curious about upgrading to a geothermal HVAC system, Just Call Burton! Our team of energy experts can answer your questions, explain the installation process, and provide you with a free quote. It pays to go green!