Sump pumps, located at the lowermost part of your home, help prevent damage to your home by keeping your foundation dry and discourages flooding.
To ensure your sump pump is in good working condition during an emergency, be sure to do a maintenance check 2-3 times a year.
- Unplug the sump pump to avoid electrical shock
- Empty the basin of standing water
- Remove debris in and around the basin
- Pour water into the basin to ensure it is draining properly
- Inspect sump pump for rust or corrosion
- Remove debris and blockage from pipe where water is discharged from the sump pump (usually outside)
Most of these tasks can be completed by you, but if you are unsure how to complete a maintenance check on your sump pump, Just Call Burton. Our skilled professionals are ready to help you maintain the life of your sump pump.
Is your sump pump acting up? Enjoy a $25 off plumbing or sump pump repair. Act fast, this deal expires 6-30-2020! Call us for details at 402-934-7003