Each year, 8.6 billion plastic bottles of water are purchased in the U.S., and about 80% of them are NOT recycled. There’s reason number one to think about cutting back on your bottled water intake, especially if you haven’t fully mastered the art of recycling.
Or how about that little matter pf bottled water’s alleged purity. Uh, not so much. In fact, the next time you see a bottled water company TV commercial touting “fresh, clean water,” you have our permission to roll your eyes and say “Yeah, right!” Because at least 40% of the time, that advertising claim is wrong.
These are the facts regarding what you’re actually drinking out of retail plastic water bottles:
- 40% of all bottled water comes from city water supplies! That’s right: tap water. Except you’re paying 10,000 times more for no better quality.
- Even though most bottled water companies use BPA-free plastic bottles, other harmful chemicals can seep into the water, especially when the bottles are exposed to heat or have been sitting around for a while. And while there’s no hard evidence regarding possible side effects, why take that chance?
- Up to 20 million barrels of oil and more are used each year to manufacture plastic water bottles.
- It takes 450 years for a plastic water bottle to degrade – so any time you do purchase bottled water, please remember to recycle the empties.
Whole-House Water Filtration: The Clear, Healthy, Non-Polluting Choice.
With a whole-house water filtration system from Burton, you can have it all:
- 99% pure water from every water source in your home.
- No chlorine or other harmful chemicals.
- Whiter whites and softer linens when you wash your clothes.
- Built-in protection should something go wrong with your well or municipal water supply.
- Less wear and tear on your pipes.
As an alternative to a whole-house water filter, Burton installs and maintains under-sink water filters, too. We have the right size for every family’s needs, and each one comes with its own dedicated counter-top faucet.
For more information and a free in-home quote, contact the water quality professionals at Burton today.